For our older Junior Church Members
Grab the popcorn and gather round to watch this classic Rob Bell video - Kickball
From Rob Bell: Things don’t always work out the way we want them to, or the way we think they will. Sometimes we don’t even see it coming. We get hit with some form of pain out of nowhere leaving us feeling desperate and helpless. That’s the way life is. Still, it makes us wonder how God can let these things happen to us. How God can just stand by and watch us suffer. Where is God when it really hurts? Maybe God is actually closer to us than we think. Maybe it’s when we’re in these situations, where everything seems to be falling apart. that God gets an opportunity to remind us of how much he really loves us.
Some questions you may wish to discuss together…
1. We always want something, don’t we? Something that would make us happy, right? What is it for you?
2. Do you feel like you often don’t get the things you really want? Do you feel like God’s denying you these things or maybe like he’s not even listening to you?
3. Have you ever been mad at God for not giving you what you’d asked for? Is it okay to question God?
4. Have you ever felt like God did come through for you? If so, how?
5. If you got everything you asked for in life, do you think you’d be happy?
6. Do you see your life as part of a bigger picture, a larger story?